Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A long time coming

I know it has been almost a year since I've posted anything.
It is easy to share happy news, and hard to know what to say when it isn't.

My plans and thoughts of what this year would look like were totally off. Would I change it? No way.

God hasn't stopped his business of restoration. I just haven't known what to say or think about it. I see it happening every day but I sometimes forget how life altering these little things are. I want to keep track of the ways he is restoring my soul, and the ways he restores the lives of people.


I am going to attempt to write some more. Mostly, because it is helpful to me in processing and sharing our "new normal."

In October 2013 basically overnight we became foster parents to a 12 year old. That was 8 months ago and our life is radically different. Soon I may be able to share more snippets, but I hesitate because she knows many of you. I don't want to some day have to explain why I told the entire internets about that one time that one thing happened and it was a big deal. Because there have been big deals happen. I just can't share. I think I can share about what it is like to suddenly be a parent to a pre-teen. I'll be working on that. Until then, it is 2 weeks until school is out!

Thank you to the many people who have prayed and helped, and hung out with our preteen, and answered my questions like "What time does a 12 year old go to bed?" and "Is that normal?"

We couldn't do it without you.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Definitely a different update than I expected to see on here but you are making a difference in her life and that is a big deal! I can imagine the amount of change (I have a 10 yr old step daughter, and it's still an adjustment.) I'm sure you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete